<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Thursday, July 31, 2003

I'm getting slightly nervous about going back to school. Not enough to outweigh the excitement, but a little bit. The fact that I will be so busy is what's making me nervous. I will be doing the following:

Crim Law Journal - but hey, it could be worse, I could have picked one of the other journals!

Clinic - one of my classes is a clinic, so that will mean lots of extra hours of work...why did I sign up for this?

Reasearch Assistanting - I am officially hired, as of this morning, to work for a second professor. Yes, that's right, I already have one research assistant position. Should I have told the second one about the first? Am I being unfaithful to the first one with the second? Oh, scandal. The first one is unlikely to really use me much. He's sort of a contingency kind of guy. The second is expecting about 10 hours per week. So, it shouldn't be too rough.

My summer job - despite the fact that I will be hundreds of miles away from my boss, I have apparently been so fabulous this summer that they want to keep me on retainer. Okay, not an actual retainer, because that would mean they would pay me regularly. But they want me to be available to do little projects for them, and my boss wants me to commit to a certain number of hours per month. So that's job #3.

OCI - I'm not really expecting this to be a big deal. I'm sure I won't get that many interviews, and they're only like 20 minutes each. Still, it's one more thing.

Student groups - I'm president of one and have some semi-intensive responsibilities for another. School hasn't even started yet and they are taking up time.

Classes - oh yeah, I still have to take classes. Including app ad, which They say is awful.

On top of all this, I have to make time in my schedule for Friends - the TV kind, but the real kind, too. Can I just say, I can't wait to see what happens with Joey and Rachel!


|
Comments: Post a Comment