<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, July 27, 2003

JOURNAL NEWS

I got on all 3! I got on all 3! I got on all 3!

I'm a little excited. They sent out emails this afternoon, and I got accepted to all three journals. They still don't have the final grades and rankings, so that's what took so long. They figured that they better go ahead and let as many people as possible know they were on, since it's only 2 weeks until journal orientation. So, somehow, my paper about immigration and plenary power (I still don't know what that word means!) got me on! Now, I have the difficult and enviable task of choosing which offer to accept.

In current order of preference:

1. Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law -
Pros: Most interesting topic, some of my friends will be on it, more likely to get my note published, will definitely have a leadership role during third year, small group so it's probably the friendliest, Dressler is an advisor, so is Berman who everyone seems to like
Cons: Despite everything they say, it's probably not as prestigious as Law Journal.

2. Ohio State Law Journal -
Pros: Prestigious, everything that goes with prestige
Cons: Probably the most time consuming, everyone who I met during the open house seemed really, really stuffy, all the opposites of OSJCL pros

3. Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution -
Pros: Hot editor-in-chief, very widely read and cited in the dispute resolution world
Cons: I could care less about dispute resolution, hot editor is recently divorced

I am very strongly leaning towards crim law. I think I have a week to decide, but I don't know what I'm waiting for, because really I already have decided. The most frustrating part of all of this is that the one person I want to tell so badly, I'm never speaking to again, so I have to sit alone in my rented room and enjoy this by myself. Still, YAY!!!!!!! |
Comments: Post a Comment