<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I want to go home... I have two days of work left after today and it feels like an eternity. Then Saturday afternoon I fly into Port Columbus. It's a good thing I didn't bring my car, or I would probably pack my stuff up and drive home right this second. I have just had enough. I don't even know what I'm so eager to get home to, but it will be nice to at least be able to drive again, or listen to music, or go to a real grocery store, or watch cable.

I feel like this is going to be a really good year, so I'm eager for it to start. The summer has been not so good, so I want it to officially end. I think this is going to be the best year of my life. Maybe I'm setting my expectations a little too high. But for a natural pessimist, this is a good sign.

I feel like I finally have friends at law school, so I will have people to go out with when I get back. Last year I was wary, and rightly so, of most law students. Toward the end of the year, and definitely over the summer, I found a handful of people who seem relatively genuine and fun, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of them when I get home. There's my (gay) date for margaritas. There's my (non-gay) man-hunting partner in crime. There's the infinitely cool crim law crowd. And outside of law school, there's my little sister who has suddenly decided to start talking to me, which is strange, but a good thing.

I loved law school last year, and I think it is going to be even better this year. When everything else feels like it's going wrong, there's always law school to raise my spirits... Is that a problem? I am eager to take classes that I actually chose myself, and that have significantly cheaper books than last year. For the first few weeks I'm sure the novelty of journal will entertain me, before it bores me to death. And I soooo can't wait for App Ad. Why do I have to wait? |
Comments: Post a Comment