<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, October 05, 2003

FALL BREAK!

Break has started out well - I have watched like 20 hours of baseball in the last three days. I had really wanted to go away, but callbacks are preventing that. I figure that's a decent trade-off. This will in some ways be a far less productive break than I had hoped, as well as less relaxing. Monday through Friday I will be busier than normal, so I guess I won't exactly be getting ahead on my work.

Monday - interview in Cleveland (firm #7 I think) - I'm really excited about this one, although the guy I interviewed with is going to be out of town so there won't be any familiar faces.

Tuesday - work all day - I will probably go in early and I will definitely be staying late, because there is a fundraiser in the evening. Of course I totally don't have to go since I've worked so much already and it's break week, but something (someone) is motivating me to go in anyway.

Wednesday - interview in Columbus (firm #21) - I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. The first interview was good, but it's hard to get an accurate feel from a young associate I think. Considering the woman who interviewed me was a transactional lawyer, and we still connected ( which is rare), maybe they are just really nice there.

Thursday - interview in Akron. As I said before, this was actually a great first interview even though the firm is based in Akron. I just hope I don't get lost. The only time I've ever been to Akron before was for the LSAT and I almost didn't make it in time.

Friday - another interview in Cleveland. I wasn't sure about this firm from the first interview, but the secretary who scheduled my callback was so friendly that it gave me a good feeling.

Okay, so now I'm getting more nervous about the interviews. It's not that these interviews last longer or that there are more people to impress. It's the dumb things making me nervous. Like I don't really want to drive for two hours in my suit, but I'm not sure where or when I could change. I'm considering changing in a bathroom in Tower City or something like that. But that seems kind of stupid, and slightly gross. I'm also feeling stress about what to take with me. Do I just carry the black leather folder that we all carried to first round interviews? Do I put it in a briefcase? If so, is it okay that the only briefcase I have is brown, whereas my shoes will be black? If I just carry the folder, do I carry a purse too (since otherwise I'll be clutching my keys in my fist)? Right now I think I will go with the briefcase, partially to avoid the clumsiness of a purse, and partially because it's really nice and I never get to use it. But I'm still not sure. I don't know what I'm going to do about driving to Cleveland in a suit. Thank God I'm worrying about this stuff so that I don't get stressed about real things.

Now back to baseball - why do they even bother playing the full game against the Yankees? It's just boring. |
Comments: Post a Comment