<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, October 12, 2003

I have never been so tired in my whole life. And I have nothing to show for it. Last year I had a very relaxing yet productive fall break. This year, not so much. I would happily do my first year of law school over three times then deal with everything this year. I feel consumed by the stress, but it isn't even focused on anything in particular. There's no particular assignment or class or really anything, it's just all of it. And because of all of it, I can't sleep even when I finally do go to bed, because I can't stop thinking about everything I have to do, partially just to remember it all. I think if I could have another week off, and spend it just sleeping, I might emerge very happy. Maybe in December.

My callbacks on Thursday and Friday went relatively well. There was a really cute guy at the firm Friday, so that helped. I would guess I have about a 5% chance of getting a job from any of the firms I interviewed with. Of course that is a completely uninformed guess, but it feels right. I will be fine with that, I think. Then I will have to put more energy into looking for a job, but it will be likely to end up being something I am far more interested in doing. I guess I'll just wait and see.

I got un-called back on Friday. I think that's right up there with the other bad rejection stories. I had the first round interview and it went really well. Then a week later I got a phone message from the interviewer saying he was inviting me to a callback. Then I tried to call him the next day and left a message with his secretary. Then I emailed him a few days later to "follow up." Then I called him a week later and left a voice mail message. That was last Monday. Friday I got a rejection letter in the mail. 26 days after the initial interview and 18 days after he said I had gotten a callback. At least it wasn't a form letter. I'm not especially bitter about it, but I wish they had never gotten my hopes up.

On a much happier topic - I saw the boy I like Saturday night! Yay! It was a delightful weekend. Nothing actually happened, but it was still absolutely fabulous.

The Yankees/Red Sox game just got cancelled, so I guess I can really get some work done tonight. My mind isn't up for it, but I don't really have a choice. |
Comments: Post a Comment