<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Friday, October 03, 2003

I just had dinner with a couple of friends. It was nice, but I wish I could have convinced them to go out drinking... So now I'm at home watching tv again. Oh well.

We got into a conversation about prenuptial agreements. I was very much on the side that I would never marry a guy who even suggested one and another girl felt exactly the opposite way. She thought that especially if she might be making more, and even if she wasn't, that it was smart to have a prenup. She also thought that separate bank accounts were smart. I know that her view is very common, but I just don't get it. I wonder if law school makes people more likely to feel that way. Half the cases we read involve families suing each other and we learn just how the law can be manipulated. Right now I'm watching Miss Match and the divorce lawyers are trying to force people to turn into jerks. I can't stand it. I can't help but think that planning for the downside makes it more likely to happen. |
Comments: Post a Comment