<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

It is four hours until my practice argument for app ad and I'm freaking out. For me, at least. I don't know why I even feel anxious. First of all, this doesn't even count towards our grade, and even the real argument in a couple weeks is only 20% of our grade, or something like that. But it feels like it matters so much. I think it's because this is what I like to do, and to an extent what I'm supposed to be good at. So if it doesn't go well, it's like I'm more of a failure than if I don't do well at other law school sort of stuff. All I want is to be on moot court, and this is the first, very important step towards that goal. Oh, I hope I don't screw up!

I'm a law student, so I guess I'm supposed to vote next week. I have some issues with politics, that are probably slightly different from the average person's issues. I got involved in politics when I was 9 years old. I went to a march in Washington for my 12th birthday present. I did all the nerdy stuff in middle and high school like Model UN and Youth in Government. And by the time I got to college I was burnt out and disillusioned. Obviously I still care about political issues, based on the various paths I have pursued, but it is really hard to get myself to care about electoral politics per se. It is especially hard since I consider almost all Democrats too conservative to vote for with a clear conscience. Based on the politically charged atmosphere in which I find myself, I guess I better vote (or else steal a "I voted today" sticker and lie). Too bad I have no idea what's on the ballot besides issue 1.

I think I'm going to take a nap now so that I don't fall asleep while my opponent is talking this evening. Although I'm already getting anxious about not waking up. I'm probably anxious enough that I won't actually fall all the way asleep anyway, and it will be fine. Plus there's that alarm clock thing. |
Comments: Post a Comment