<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Friday, October 24, 2003

Right now I am sitting on my couch all alone cracking up. The reason for the hysterics is the fabulous email I just got from Mike. His advice was: "ASK HIM OUT!" Can I just say that I would like nothing better. Despite the fact that doing so would terrify me, at this point I am going so crazy that I could get over my fear.

Reasons I'm not asking him out. Yet.
1. He is my supervisor
2. As my supervisor, he is responsible for my grade
2a. As my ex-boyfriend pointed out, though, I should be confident that I could only improve my grade by asking him out
3. Although I wouldn't really have an ethical problem with it (since my motives would be pure - ethics wise, at least), I suspect he, and the university, would
4. What if he said no, and then I had to work with him for 6 more weeks and had to count on him for my grade and was humiliated for all time?
5. What if I asked him out, he said yes, we went out, and then I was either horribly let down, or else fell madly in love and then he broke my heart?

#3 is the main reason. That and being a wuss. Although I don't know how much longer I can take this. I practically moan when he walks out of the room at work. Sooner or later someone else is going to notice. Either that or I will just implode.

But it sure takes my mind off school. |
Comments: Post a Comment