<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I was so well behaved. I went and studied in spite of the rain. Actually I read like 15 pages of Admin law then went back to reading a book for pleasure. I'm such a nerd. And here is why: Last week I was doing an acc check and I had to go to the public library to check out a book. It looked so interesting that now I'm reading it rather than studying. This is why being on the crim law journal is dangerous - everything is so interesting. I'm reading Actual Innocence by Barry Scheck, Peter Neufeld, and Jim Dwyer (the Innocence Project people). I read this sort of stuff and it convinces me over and over of why I want to be a public defender. I keep trying to deny it, but it's what I want! And it's not the potential innocence of defendants that draws me in, it's the potential degree of innocence of defendants. It's the warped process that needs passionate people trying to fix it. It's the juxtaposition of idealism and depressing realism. It's what I want to do; I should just accept it and do what I can to make it happen. |
Comments: Post a Comment