<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, December 21, 2003

I'm back, and I have lots to say.

The news is bad. He thinks I'm ugly. And stupid. He wishes he had never met me. He thinks I'm pathetic and desperate. Thinking about me makes him nauseous. Basically, he hates me. I may be exaggerating slightly.

I emailed him at 3:07pm on Tuesday. He wrote me back at 5:05pm on Friday. Here's the gist of it:

[Apology for taking so long]

"I am very flattered, but I am actually kinda involved with someone right now."

[Update on what's going on in the office]

[Happy holidays stuff]

"I am sure we will see each other around and we will have a drink then."

At least he had the courtesy to not ignore me. I briefly considered that he might be lying about seeing someone, but I don't think so. Actually, looking back, I bet he started seeing this "someone" during the week when he started acting so weird towards me. That would make sense.

I'm not entirely giving up, although I'm also not going to stalk him or anything. I'm going to email him back in a few days and be generally conversational and friendly. I think building an email rapport with him could be productive. I will also let him know that it's a standing offer, but that I won't mention it again. I can't completely give up, because I really think he's perfect for me. I don't just like certain personality traits or think he's attractive, although those things are true. I just have this overwhelming sense that we would work together. I've been patient so far, and I can continue.

However...if you know anyone who's reasonably cute, and more than reasonably smart and funny, let me know!

I happened to be in Pittsburgh for the weekend visiting my college roommate. Saturday night, she had a big Christmas party. I was so on. And looking fairly hot too (and I never think that). For about 6 hours, I barely thought of him. The cute mailman (!) from Beaver Falls helped. It turned out to be a very fun weekend. I was a little nervous about going because my boyfriend from college, who I dated for 4 1/2 years, was there with the girl he's dating. I've only seen him once since we broke up, and never with another girl. Although it definitely felt weird, it turned out to be fine, partially because the girl was totally nice and friendly. That and the fact that he threw up all over the bathroom and reminded me exactly what I'm not missing.

While I was driving home, I got a call from the 17 (now she's 18) year old girl that my more recent ex had been sleeping with while we were dating. This summer when I stopped talking to him, she and I ended up talking, and getting to be friendly. For a while she called me every single day, but I hadn't heard from her since October. Really I was glad not to hear from her, because talking to her made it harder to move on. I don't really know why she called me today. We talked for a little while and caught up and that was it. It was odd. By the way, the ex is 34.

So, it has been an interesting few days. And now it's time to relax, and not worry about guys or school or anything.

|
Comments: Post a Comment