<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Thursday, December 25, 2003

I'm mad at all the other people whose blogs I usually read. What's wrong with you people? Are you actually spending that much time bonding with your families? What am I supposed to do with myself? Every single one of my friends is either out of town or at some big family gathering, so when there are no real live human beings I normally read random things online, but now the internet is failing me too.

Tomorrow I have a 14+ hour drive to Kansas with my sister to look forward to. She thought I was joking when I told her we wouldn't be stopping to eat. I wasn't. Maybe there will be some guy at the hotel bar who needs a little "break" from his family while he's in town. Somehow I'm guessing Wichita just won't be that exciting. But it should be nice. I used to go there every year for Christmas, but I haven't been since I was 18, so it will be nice to see everyone. I've seen most of them at assorted other occasions, but not as a group. I'm looking forward to it. Mostly.

And of course I have New Year's Eve to look forward to. I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't find being single on New Year's depressing. Especially considering I think it is depressing to be single every single other day of the year. But New Year's isn't a big deal to me anyway, and being single somehow fills it with more promise. I've actually been feeling very calm about everything since my email rejection. I think it comes from realizing that there is someone out there like him - that gives me hope, and it also tells me not to settle. So, I'm hopeful for the best. And minimally depressed. But hopeful, nonetheless. :) |
Comments: Post a Comment