<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Thursday, January 29, 2004

I’m so excited. I’m going to be a big sister! As in Big Brothers Big Sisters. I don’t want another real little sister. I applied over two months ago, and following reference checks, a background check, and finding the right little girl, I finally got a call today saying they have a little sister for me. They told me all kinds of information about her, and she sounds great. Also, she has had a big sister through the program previously, so this won’t be new to her. She is eight years old, shy but friendly, likes arts, reading, going to the park, movies, and all sorts of other things that sound like things I could do with her. The only slightly strange thing is that her mother is four years younger than I am. Obviously that’s not a problem, but it could create an interesting dynamic. I should get to meet my little sister in the next couple of weeks, and I can’t wait!

I also had my callback today. It went well, but I’m not sure it went well enough. It was kind of one of those situations where it is almost too comfortable and conversational. However, probably as a result of that, I really think I would like working there. Every single person I have met has been friendly and personable and had a sense of humor. Since I already have a job, there is no real pressure, but I would really like to get this one. It’s the sort of place that makes the “right fit” cliché make sense.

Tomorrow, in the ongoing effort to make journal more social, we are having a journal breakfast time. Okay, that sounds dumb, but I don’t know what to call it. Basically, I’m picking up coffee at Caribou in the morning, and bringing donuts and bagels, and maybe fruit, and then people can stop by and eat and drink and mingle. We’ll see if anyone actually shows up since it’s a Friday. I figure a lot of people probably don’t have class or at least not early, and the promise of free coffee isn’t exactly going to get them to come to school in the snow when they don’t have to. I guess I’ll just have to drink a lot of coffee if no one else does.
|
Comments: Post a Comment