<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Monday, January 19, 2004

I'm watching American Idol and I'm having to mute it occasionally because I am embarrassed to even listen to these people. But I'm still watching. I've read several articles in the last few days about Simon and how he controls these people's lives. He produces the show, manages the talent, is able to require the singers to tour, do promotional work, pretty much does whatever he wants. He argues that he is basically one stop shopping. Fundamentally I think the singers are being exploited and the majority probably sign the contracts without fully understanding what they are agreeing to. But I also think that it is a choice that would make if they were fully informed. Does a contract cease to be unconscionable if the weaker party is okay with that fact? I don't think we covered that last year. |
Comments: Post a Comment