<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Saturday, January 31, 2004

In the ongoing battle between law and life, law is definitely winning. When I think about my reason for getting up in the morning it is: to go to work, to work on my brief, to do a journal assignment, to read some cases, law, law, law... When someone asks me what I do for fun, I answer, "I read about the law." And I mean it. For fun, rather than reading assignments for school, I read law related books or law related magazines. That is just sad. At least I recognize it, but that doesn't change it.

I need more non-law school friends. Last year I never felt consumed by law school because I spent all my time with my boyfriend. Fortunately he's out of the picture, but that means I'm much more dependent on the law school social scene. I have two friends in Columbus who I've known most of my life. One of them recently moved in with her boyfriend and his eight year old son, so her life has changed dramatically and she doesn't have a whole lot of time to hang out. The other is the girl who hasn't spoken to me since New Year's. I'm disappointed about that situation, but it just isn't that great of a loss when I think about it. I just miss having someone who was always ready to go out. Fortunately I have made some close friends at school, and they keep me sane and happy. But they are busy with law school too. I am not a loner, and I am tired of spending so much time alone. In my ideal world I would always be with other people. I guess that's just not realistic.

And in law related news... I think my moot court brief is almost done. It isn't as long as I would like it to be, but I feel I've said everything I have to say. My paper for my independent study is in decent shape to turn in the first draft Monday. It still has a long way to go, but I still have the rest of the semester. And happily, my journal assignment is almost entirely done, a week early. |
Comments: Post a Comment