<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Okay, I'm much happier now that I'm not getting an error message telling me it's November 12th.

Today was my first day at my new job, and I am exhausted! I didn't even do anything, but it was still tiring. Or maybe I'm just a wuss. Or a whiner. It was just training today, and will be for the next two weeks, but that's okay. It's better than the alternative. I think a lot of the work will be incredibly boring, but I think I will still have the opportunity to learn a lot and meet a lot of people. And once I get my legal intern certificate, it could get substantially more interesting. Just 5 more months. An odd thing I found, is that nearly all the other law clerks go to another law school, that I shall not name out of courtesy. Actually, everyone I met today goes there, but I'm sure there must be at least a couple of fellow Ohio Staters lurking somewhere. One of the girls who started today must have wandered into the wrong office or something. Her attitude towards the clients was somewhere between barely hidden disdain and outright contempt. She seemed nice enough, but I don't think she'll last. I'm looking forward to meeting more people there in the next few weeks.

David called me this afternoon, just like he said he would. I called him back and we talked for a while, and it was totally fun and comfortable. It actually got me pretty excited for going out with him Thursday. We're going to a restaurant I've wanted to try for a long time, too, so I'm looking forward to it a lot. Now I just have to figure out what to wear.

And, there's a chance that I'm going to go meet an ex for dinner in Cincinnati on Monday. He was more a fling than a real ex, so there are no bad feelings between us at all. I dated him when I was in Fort Lauderdale a couple years ago. He's Cuban, and very sexy. We had so much fun together, so it would be great to see him again. If he lived here, didn't smoke, and was younger... |
Comments: Post a Comment