<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Here are my thoughts on Valentine's Day...

The Television Lineup. The following love-themed shows are on tonight at 8pm:
Fox - Cops: Love Hurts - Officers respond to domestic violence calls
History Channel - The St. Valentine's Day Massacre
Lifetime - Forever Love - "A comatose woman's best friend offers long-term support to her husband and daughter." (Emphasis added, but accurate)
E! - Hollywood Love Story - "Hot and hitched"
VH-1 - Celebrity Weddings
SciFi - Faust: Love of the Damned
Bravo - Fatal Attraction
FX - Say Anything
Lifetime Movie Network - Love in Another Town - "A 40ish divorcee falls for a man in his 20s."
WE - Four Weddings and a Funeral
Oxygen - Speaking of Sex - "Professionals try to help a married couple"
Trio - When Two Won't Do - "Polygamy has various effects on members of the relationships."
LRW(?) - Weddings of a Lifetime Presents - 33 Kennedy weddings
Fine Living - 10 Most Romantic Getaways
Encore Love Stories - Always
Fox Movie Channel - Leave Her to Heaven - "A jealous woman kills people to keep her writer husband to herself."

Only Say Anything, Four Weddings and a Funeral, 10 Most Romantic Getaways, and Always do not strike me as oddly inappropriate.

My Personal Life.
I hate my ex-boyfriend. Seven months of not speaking to him has not lessened the anger and hurt. I've just learned to deal with it on a day to day basis.

I was thinking about how well things have been going lately at school and professionally. I don't even care. It does not matter to me if I succeed at school or get a good job if I do not have love. I firmly believe that the entire point of life is to find someone to love more than oneself. I believe that one's life is a waste without a partner. I know this sounds dependent or needy or something like that, but I still believe it. I also still believe in soulmates. I still believe in love at first sight. I still believe in completing each other. So, yes, I have a frightening level of depression at times, but it is balanced by a staggering level of hope and faith, too. |
Comments: Post a Comment