<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Friday, April 16, 2004

You know that feeling you get when something suddenly reminds you of someone you used to love? That "momentary pang"? When a certain song or smell or place or almost anything just suddenly, overwhelmingly reminds you of someone? And it's not necessarily bad or painful, just nostalgic?

I just experienced that feeling for my old life. I was walking past the Newport and tonight G Love and Special Sauce is playing. I was suddenly back in Seattle, living in Madrona, getting ready to go to Whidbey Island for our AmeriCorps retreat. I made a mixed tape (already, that dates me) for the drive, and my roommate requested that I include a couple of songs by G Love and Special Sauce. Today I wouldn't recognize one of their songs if I heard it, and I don't recall even liking them, but seeing their name on that marquee just transported me 3,000 miles and 5 years. |
Comments: Post a Comment