<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Friday, August 20, 2004

Sooner or later you sleep in your own space

Tonight is my first night in my new apartment. I am excited and relieved to finally be moved. Mostly moved. But it is also weird. I moved into my last apartment two years ago, a week after starting law school. (Not a good time to move, if you are considering it). I moved because I had been living with my (ex) boyfriend and he lost control more than usual one day and started throwing furniture. I signed a lease of my own the next day, but he started virtually living at my new apartment the day I moved in. So even though I haven't spoken to him in over a year, that apartment was a constant reminder of him. So I am very glad to finally be in my own space. And I am very pleased with the space I chose. I remember last fall feeling completely lost having to make decisions without anyone to discuss them with, but it was actually a relief to find this apartment without having to take anyone else's demands into consideration. It makes me feel really good about the year ahead. I am accepting a permanent job without having to discuss it with anyone. I am going to apply for clerkships with only myself to worry about. I can do anything I want to, and at last I am enjoying my freedom.
|
Comments: Post a Comment