<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Friday, September 17, 2004

I have been guilted into posting. I have nothing exciting to report on the older man front. For everyone who is curious, he is 14 years older than I am. I decided to at least give it a chance. So we theoretically have a date next week. He works a crazy schedule, thus the intolerable delay. It is giving me too much time to think about it. And I am concerned that I may not recognize him. We shall see.

I am feeling extremely loved because of all the acknowledgement notices I am getting in the mail. I'm not feeling all that loved since no one wants to interview me, but I'm not feeling too desperate about it yet. From keeping up with all the gossip it doesn't appear that I should be writing off the vast majority of district judges yet. With eternal optimism, another round of applications will probably go out within the next week.

The defendant in my first case agreed to a plea a few days ago. It was highly disappointing, but also a good outcome. I want to go to trial so much and this case had seemed to be a likely candidate. But you never know what will happen. I really hope I get to before the end of the semester since this is probably my only chance, especially in a criminal context, for quite some time.
|
Comments: Post a Comment