<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Someone just committed suicide by jumping off the parking garage at the building where I work. I saw the body, covered by a sheet, just like on tv. I don't know why, but I am oddly shaken by it. I'm not one of those people who gets especially upset about the deaths of distant relatives or someone I went to elementary school with, and yet this is upsetting me. Maybe it's because anything related to suicide evokes fears about people I love that I don't like to acknowledge on a regular basis. Or maybe it's because the rumor is that it was an attorney, and I hate to imagine that my beloved chosen profession drove someone to this. Whatever the reason that it is affecting me, it is always sad to see someone take his or his own life.
|
Comments: Post a Comment