<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Monday, October 04, 2004

The pretrial for my second case is this afternoon. I hate not knowing what is going to happen. For a trial at least, there would be a procedure I could expect. But for pretrial, everything is completely unknown. What will the defense attorney be like? Are they determined to go to trial? Will something unexpected happen? Will it all just get resolved almost too easily? I just hope if we do get a plea, which I expect, that I get to stand up and speak rather than my co-counsel. Is that bad that my favorite part of "lawyering" is literally speaking in court?

My paper is not coming along nearly as quickly as it needs to, in part because I spent more time this morning preparing for the pretrial than I expected to. I am leaving tomorrow morning though, so there is no choice but to finish the paper. I think if I actually cite all the legal standards that I randomly refer to that will make it substantially longer.
|
Comments: Post a Comment