<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is doing something today that will make them happy and grateful, whatever that may be. I will be going to my grandparents' house shortly. In fact, any moment I should get an anxious phone call from my grandmother asking where I am and telling me to bring chairs.

Unlike at many people's homes, there won't be an opportunity for me to say what I'm grateful for during our Thanksgiving celebration. We don't do that. But, I would like to take the time to say that there are so many thinks I am thankful for. First, always, I am thankful for God's love and for all of the ways He has revealed himself to me and guided my life. I am thankful for my friends, even when they drive me crazy, and for my family, even though we are not always that close. I am thankful that I was able to be with my stepmother at her father's funeral. I am thankful for finding my way to law school and all that has come out of that; learning about the most exciting issues that affect people's lives, meeting inspiring people, finding a job I love, the chance for a career that will continue to challenge me. I am thankful that God gave me the strength to escape a horrible relationship and that He has allowed me to begin to heal and feel again. I am thankful for my wonderful friends, again. I hope everyone else has many things to be thankful for this year and is able to focus on the blessings in their lives, for one day at least. |
Comments: Post a Comment