<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Between serious computer problems, Christmas, and going out of town, I haven't had much time or ability to write. I think I'm about to switch ISPs. I have used AOL for the last 10 years, and truly have had no complaints. I know it's overpriced, but since I had no problems, it seemed worth it to me in order to maintain the same email address, if nothing else. Well, I tried to download AOL 9.0 Security Edition, and that caused all of my internet connectivity to be destroyed. I can no longer use high speed anywhere, and I can't even use dial-up. And after hours on the phone with AOL people, they have no idea how to fix it. It also caused my computer to start giving me error messages and no longer recognize what is in the CD drive. These are not good things. I expect that a computer person will be able to fix these problems, but I am seriously considering cancelling AOL. They should be able to fix my problem. And they should have told me to back up my files before telling me to delete all versions of AOL. Do they have any idea how many emails from guys I deleted that I wanted to save forever? Not to mention emails with passwords to random sites or financial aid information or other important emails. So, I'm angry and I need to decide what to do.

At the moment I am using an actual desktop computer at a relative's house in New York. It is kind of fun. I'm here on a girl's shopping trip with relatives for the next couple of days. The shopping would be much more fun if I had money. I guess I'll just pretend like I do. |
Comments: Post a Comment