<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I am so frustrated by my DV case. Why do these women back out? It's not like it's a surprise, but it is still so frustrating. I don't appreciate being made to feel like I'm doing something wrong. If the marriage breaks up, it's their doing, not mine. It isn't just that it is domestic violence either; I have really strong feelings about violence in general. Violence is never appropriate and I am glad I have this brief chance to take a stand.

I got to have an interesting conversation about it with a prosecutor I know from out of town. He was quizzing me about how I would get different evidence in if the victim refuses to testify or lies. It was pretty funny really. And pathetic when we started making hearsay jokes. I always think that dating a lawyer would be ideal because nothing (conversation wise) makes me happier than discussing law, but when I talk to him I always wonder if he thinks I am boring because we never talk about anything else. (I can talk about other things, really!) I kind of have a date with him in a couple weeks. Only kind of because he lives hundreds of miles away, but still fun. |
Comments: Post a Comment