<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Monday, February 14, 2005

I keep hearing from so many of my friends how disillusioned they are and how depressed they are about not having a job/the future in general. What strikes me is that no one seems to realize that everyone feels the same way. Everyone is burnt out. Many people do not have jobs. Most people are scared or anxious or apprehensive about the future. It doesn't make the feelings less real, but it is a shared experience. And to a great extent, it is common to all people at this point in their lives, not just law students. I hear virtually the same things from my friends in other fields, and even those already professionally employed. I don't really know what my point is. I guess it is that the future can, and often does, overwhelm everyone. No one is alone. (With thanks to Sondheim). I really wish there was something I could do to reassure and encourage my friends. But I guess ultimately it is only living through it and seeing that things really do work out that will give them relief. |
Comments: Post a Comment