<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Today is my final day of vacation, and I got up at 6am to participate in one of my fantasy drafts. Everything was going smoothly until I had about 30 seconds left to make my 14th pick. Just as I was about to make my pick, the little rainbow thing that is the Mac version of the hourglass started spinning...and would not stop. So I quit AOL and tried reconnecting. No good. I tried again. All I could do was sit and watch as the computer picked for me. Not only did I have no control over my last 8 picks, but I also slowed down the process because the computer won't pick for you until you minute and a half is up. Even with some of the random people I got at the end, I'm fairly pleased with my team. There will be definite adjustments to those last few though. My other draft is Tuesday night, so hopefully it will go more smoothly.

Other than the draft drama, my vacation has been awesome. The first three days were really rainy, so I didn't get to have the true San Diego experience until Friday. But I had a nice time working on school stuff overlooking the ocean while it was raining. I also got to see a wonderful friend who moved to California recently. Friday we went for the longest bike ride ever. The plan was to ride "around the bay." That made me nervous enough, but then it turned into, "let's just ride over to this bar," and then after a few drinks, "let's ride all the way down the beach and back." Overall, there was between 2-3 hours of actual riding. It was a lot of fun actually, but I definitely needed to stop sooner than we did. Yesterday was even more fun. 14 people took a limo to the vineyards in Temecula. We started drinking about 10:30am, and were anywhere from tipsy to barely able to stand when we actually arrived at the first vineyard at noon. I was one of the few who was sober enough to somewhat taste the differences in the wines. By the time we were on our way home, everyone was totally wasted, singing Bon Jovi at the top of our lungs, and taking pictures that probably are of the ceiling of the limo. It was great. Today about 10 people are coming over to my cousin's house for Easter, which should be fun and relaxing. It will be nice to spend my last day lounging by a pool before I return to Columbus. Maybe I will even return slightly tanned. |
Comments:
Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)
 
Another opinion on abortion Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as opinion on abortion .
 
Post a Comment