<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I am attempting to consolidate my loans, since apparently that is the smart thing to do. After doing a fair amount of research, I decided to go with a private lender rather than the Dept of Ed, because there appear to be more incentives that way. I had already applied for a bar loan through one of the prominent lenders, so I figured it would be simplest to just go through them again. Simple maybe, but not pleasant. Trying to fill out the online application, I was somewhat confused, so I called them to ask questions, and hopefully apply by phone. I should have known it wasn't going to go well when the first prompt was, "If you do NOT have an account number, please press one," I pressed one, and then a voice said, "Thank you for calling, what is your account number?" And when I said I didn't have one (shocking!), they were confused and annoyed. I say they, because after the first less than satisfactory experience, I wrote it off to a bad employee and called back, but apparently that is how they are trained. And actually apply by phone? They didn't even grasp the concept. They also seemed almost angry that I was asking any questions at all. And these were easy questions about logistical things. Like what the current interest rate is for federal loans. The guy finally told me, but I had to pry it out of him. At the end of this, I am less than confident to consolidate through them, but the other place never even let me get past hold. So hopefully I filled out the application satisfactorily and this will all go smoothly. Right. |
Comments:
Hey, nice info! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a debt reduction site. It pretty much covers debt reduction related stuff.
Come by and check it out later :-)
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a debt reduction services site. It pretty much covers debt reduction services related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Nice blog. Please check out my fixed loan site. It is all about fixed loan informations.
 
I found a good college loan site. I am looking into it myself.
 
Post a Comment