<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Today is the date. Assuming he calls. I always prepare myself for the guy to simply not call. Whenever someone says, "I'll call you to work out the details," I figure he is leaving himself a way out. Because that's what I would be doing. It's a way to seem nice in the moment, but not have to follow through. I suppose it is also just a way to work out the details later. If I really wanted to go out with someone, I would make concrete plans, but I guess the vast majority of guys hate planning what they're doing that evening, so maybe I'm expecting too much. I have only had one guy cancel on me in such a situation, and that turned out to be a misunderstanding, and no one has ever just not called, so I don't know why I think this way. Really, my main concern is his height. When I met him, we were never both standing at the same time, so I have no idea how tall he is. I think I would have noticed if he was remarkably short or tall, but it's that middle area that worries me. I was wearing really high heels, so he could think I'm shorter than I am, if that makes sense. Or not care. Or care a lot and walk out on me if he realizes I'm taller than he is. Or he could be taller than me, and it could all be fine. Or I could start worrying about something more worthwhile. Like if he's even going to call. |
Comments: Post a Comment