<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Randomness from a 2005 graduate of The Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University

 

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I am excited to be sworn in tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the ceremony itself, which I expect will be quite boring. I am looking forward to finally being able to practice law. There have been so many milestones in the last six months that brought relief and signaled the end of something, but tomorrow is when the change from law student to lawyer finally really occurs. I am very excited that the very first document filed with my name (under someone else's, of course) will be a brief to the supreme court of Ohio. Within the next couple of weeks, I could get up to 200 cases transferred into my name which is slightly terrifying. Most of them are high volume work that is already underway, but it is still scary to be responsible. And in three weeks I might get to examine witnesses at a trial. I was asked to cover a hearing last week, but told the attorney he would have to wait just a little longer. I am so glad I am at a firm where I am going to get to do so much right away, but it is definitely intimidating too. |
Comments: Post a Comment